What We Do
We're the Vancouver branch of a Canadian and US organization that has been running sports leagues, tournaments, clinics, and drop-in sessions since 2009. One of our co-founders is from Vancouver, and so we're excited to have brought, as of fall 2017, our community-minded programming to the southwest coast of British Columbia.
Our attention to detail results in a fun, relaxed, welcoming, and safe on-field and on-court experience. Our detail-oriented approach has won us awards too. For example, we're the only adult rec. sports organization in North America to win the MLS Community MVP Award.
We love to bring people together on the field and also to help foster fast friendships off the pitch through post-match socials and bar-game nights.
Check out our Registration page to see our ever-expanding sports and bar-game programming. To see what we've been doing in other locations since 2009, check out PlayNYC and The Soccer Project Foundation.
Off the field, we also work hard to make our proceeds work for children-in-need. By playing with us, you're helping under-served children to play the same games which you enjoy and also to attain a better education.
To run adult recreational sports programs to the highest, professional standard, and to use our programs' proceeds to help under-served youth succeed in sport and school.
What We've Achieved
- 2015-present: To date, we've worked with NIKE to donate over $125,000 of Nike running shoes and apparel to NYC's under-served high school track & field teams, and to WIN (Women-In-Need, NY).
- 2013-present: We've helped build, staff and supply a school (including an all-season soccer pitch) in a remote, rainforest village of Ecuador. We're working on a second, similar project in 2018.
- 2011-2016: We ran an award-winning after-school sports league for NYC's under-funded schools, serving a school population of over 40,000. In 2017, we decided to switch focus: to concentrate on increasing girls participation in sport with our affiliate program: Girls Soccer Club of New York.
- 2013: Recipient of Major League Soccer's Community MVP Award for New York State.
- 2012: Recipient of New York 1 News Award, New Yorker of the Week. (Click on above link for NY1's coverage of our youth programming.)
- 2011: We worked with City Sports and Adidas to donate approximately over $75,000 of Adidas apparel and soccer shoes to under-served student soccer players in NYC.